Description: The ACT4070 is a current-mode step-down DC/DC converter that generates up to 3A output current at 400kHz switching frequency. The device utilizes Active-Semi’s proprietary ISOBCD30 process for operation with input voltage up to 30V.
The ACT4070 is available in SOP-8/EP exposed pad package and requires very few external devices for operation.
● 3A Output Current
● Up to 95% Efficiency
● 4.5V to 30V Input Range
● 6μA Shutdown Supply Current
● 400kHz Switching Frequency
● Adjustable Output Voltage
● Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Protection
● Thermal Shutdown Protection
● Internal Soft Start Function
● Frequency Fold Back at Short Circuit
● Stability with Wide Range of Capacitors, Including Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
● SOP-8/EP (Exposed Pad) Package
Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C