Description: The MAX705-MAX708/MAX813L microprocessor (μP) supervisory circuits reduce the complexity and number of components required to monitor power-supply and battery functions in μP systems. These devices significantly improve system reliability and accuracy compared to separate ICs or discrete components.
The MAX705/MAX706/MAX813L provide four functions:
1) A reset output during power-up, power-down, and brownout conditions.
2) An independent watchdog output that goes low if the watchdog input has not been toggled within 1.6 seconds.
3) A 1.25V threshold detector for power-fail warning, low-battery detection, or for monitoring a power supply other than +5V.
4) An active-low manual-reset input.
Two supply-voltage monitor levels are available:
The MAX705/MAX707/MAX813L generate a reset pulse when the supply voltage drops below 4.65V, while the MAX706/MAX708 generate a reset pulse below 4.40V.
● Available in Tiny μMAX Package
● Guaranteed RESET Valid at VCC = 1V
● Precision Supply-Voltage Monitor:
4.65V in MAX705/MAX707/MAX813L
4.40V in MAX706/MAX708
● 200ms Reset Pulse Width
● Debounced TTL/CMOS-Compatible Manual-Reset Input
● Independent Watchdog Timer—1.6s Timeout(MAX705/MAX706)
● Active-High Reset Output(MAX707/MAX708/MAX813L)
● Voltage Monitor for Power-Fail or Low-Battery Warning
Note: The MAX706ESA Temp. range is : -40°C to +85°C
● Intelligent Instruments
● Automotive Systems
● Critical μP Power Monitoring