The MAX1232 microprocessor (μP) supervisory circuit provides μP housekeeping and power-supply supervision functions while consuming only 1/10th the power of the DS1232. The MAX1232 enhances circuit reliability in μP systems by monitoring the power supply, monitoring the software execution, and providing a debounced manual reset input.
The MAX1232 is a plug-in upgrade of the Dallas DS1232.
A reset pulse of at least 250ms duration is supplied on power-up, power-down, and low-voltage brownout conditions (5% or 10% supply tolerances can be selected digitally). Also featured is a debounced manual reset input that forces the reset outputs to their active states for a minimum of 250ms.
A digitally programmable watchdog timer monitors software execution and can be programmed for timeout settings of 150ms, 600ms, or 1.2s.
The MAX1232 requires no external components.
● Consumes 1/10th the Power of the DS1232
● Precision Voltage Monitor—Adjustable +4.5V or +4.75V
● Power-OK/Reset Pulse Width—250ms Min
● No External Components
● Adjustable Watchdog Timer—150ms, 600ms,or 1.2s
● Debounced Manual Reset Input for External Override
Note: The MAX1232ESA Temp. range is : -40°C to +85°C
● Supervisory Circuits Keep Your Microprocessor Under Control
● The Why, What, How, and When of Using Microprocessor Supervisors