Description: UC3843A series of high performance fixed frequency current mode controllers are specifically designed for off−line and DC−to−DC converter applications.
Offering the designer a cost effective solution with minimal external components. These integrated circuits feature a trimmed oscillator for precise duty cycle control, a temperature compensated reference, high gain error amplifier, current sensing comparator, and a high current totem pole output ideally suited for driving a power MOSFET.
Also included are protective features consisting of input and reference undervoltage lockouts each with hysteresis, cycle−by−cycle current limiting, programmable output deadtime, and a latch for single pulse metering.
• Trimmed Oscillator Discharge Current for Precise Duty Cycle Control
• Current Mode Operation to 500 kHz
• Automatic Feed Forward Compensation
• Latching PWM for Cycle−By−Cycle Current Limiting
• Internally Trimmed Reference with Undervoltage Lockout
• High Current Totem Pole Output
• Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
• Low Startup and Operating Current
• Direct Interface with ON Semiconductor SENSEFET™ Products