Description: The LP2985-N is a fixed-output, wide-input, low-noise, low-dropout voltage regulator supporting an input voltage range from 2.5 V to 16 V and up to 150 mA of load current.
The LP2985-N is a linear voltage regulator operating from 2.5 V to 16 V on the input and regulates voltages
The LP2985AIM5-5.0 output voltage is 5.0V. Additionally, the LP2985-N (new chip) has a 1% output accuracy across load and temperature that can meet the needs of low-voltage microcontrollers (MCUs) and processors.
Low output noise of 30 μVRMS (with 10-nF bypass capacitors) and wide bandwidth PSRR performance of greater than 70 dB at 1 kHz and 40 dB at 1 MHz help attenuate the switching frequency of an upstream DC/DC converter and minimize post regulator filtering.
The internal soft-start time and current-limit protection reduce inrush current during start up, thus minimizing input capacitance. Standard protection features, such as overcurrent and overtemperature protection, are included.
The LP2985-N is available in a 5-pin, 2.9 mm × 1.6 mm SOT-23 (DBV) package.
● VIN range: 2.5 V to 16 V
● VOUT Fixed output: 5.0V
● VOUT accuracy:
– ±1% for A-grade legacy chip
– ±1.5% for standard-grade legacy chip
– ±0.5% for new chip only
● Output accuracy over load, and temperature:
– ±1% for new chip
● Output current: Up to 150 mA
● Low IQ (new chip): 71 μA at ILOAD = 0 mA
● Low IQ (new chip): 750 μA at ILOAD = 150 mA
● Shutdown current:
– 0.05 μA (typ) for legacy chip
– 1.12 μA (typ) for new chip
● Low noise: 30 μVRMS with 10-nF bypass capacitor
● Output current limiting and thermal protection
● Stable with 2.2-μF ceramic capacitors
● High PSRR: 70 dB at 1 kHz, 40 dB at 1 MHz
● Operating junction temperature: –40°C to +125°C
● Package: 5-pin SOT-23 (DBV)
● Ultra-low dropout voltage
Typical Application Circuit:
Pin Configuration and Functions: