The LTC3105 is a high efficiency step-up DC/DC converter that can operate from input voltages as low as 225mV.
A 250mV start-up capability and integrated maximum power point controller (MPPC) enable operation directly from low voltage, high impedance alternative power sources such as photovoltaic cells, TEGs (thermoelectric generators) and fuel cells.
A user programmable MPPC set point maximizes the energy that can be extracted from any power source.
Burst Mode operation, with a proprietary self adjusting peak current, optimizes converter efficiency and output voltage ripple over all operating conditions.
The AUX powered 6mA LDO provides a regulated rail for external microcontrollers and sensors while the main output is charging. In shutdown, IQ is reduced to 10μA and integrated thermal shutdown offers protection from overtemperature faults. The LTC3105 is offered in 10-lead
3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN and 12-lead MSOP packages.
● Low Start-Up Voltage: 250mV
● Maximum Power Point Control
● Wide VIN Range: 225mV to 5V
● Auxiliary 6mA LDO Regulator
● Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 24μA
● Output Disconnect and Inrush Current Limiting
● VIN > VOUT Operation
● Antiringing Control
● Soft Start
● Automatic Power Adjust
● Power Good Indicator
● 12-Lead MSOP Packages
● Solar Powered Battery/Supercapacitor Chargers
● Energy Harvesting
● Remote Industrial Sensors
● Low Power Wireless Transmitters
● Cell Phone, MP3, PMP and GPS Accessory Chargers Typical Application: