The MAX481, MAX483, MAX485, MAX487-MAX491, and MAX1487 are low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each part contains one driver and one receiver. The MAX483, MAX487, MAX488, and MAX489 feature reduced slew-rate drivers that minimize EMI and reduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables, thus allowing error-free data transmission up to 250kbps.
The driver slew rates of the MAX481, MAX485, MAX490, MAX491, and MAX1487 are not limited, allowing them to transmit up to 2.5Mbps.
• Half/Full duplex: Half
• Data Rate (Mbps): 2.5
• Slew-Rate Limited: No
• Receiver/Driver Enable: Yes
• Number of Receivers on Bus: 32
• Pin Count: 8
• Low-Power RS-485 Transceivers
• Level Translators
• Transceivers for EMI-Sensitive Applications
• Industrial-Control Local Area Networks