Description: The M24SR02-Y device is a dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC with a dual interface. It embeds an EEPROM memory. It can be operated from an I2C interface or by a 13.56 MHz RFID reader or an NFC phone.
The I2C interface uses a two-wire serial interface, consisting of a bidirectional data line and a clock line. It behaves as a slave in the I2C protocol.
The RF protocol is compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 Type A and NFC Forum Type 4 Tag.
STMicroelectronics M24SR Series – The simplest and most cost effective way to equip your application with NFC
This enables NFC use cases such as simple Bluetooth pairing and other connection handovers, automatic links to URLs, storage of Vcard and other types of information. It can be used in a wide variety of applications, including consumer electronics, computer peripherals, home appliances, industrial automation and healthcare products. ST simplifies your NFC design process with ready-to-use evaluation boards and reference designs.
In addition, the new RF antenna design module in ST’s eDesignSuite makes designing your own antenna for ST’s dynamic NFC/RFID tags very easy: simply enter the target footprint of your M24SR or M24LR antenna and get started. Last but not least ST provides an Android App and supports customers directly with an e2e community.
Features of the M24SR series:
● NFC forum tag type 4 based on ISO 14443 RF interface
● 1 MHz I²C serial interface operating from 2.7 to 5.5 V
● EEPROM memory density from 2 Kbits to 64 Kbits with built-in NDEF message support
● RF disable pin allowing the application to control RF access from NFC phones
● 128-bit password protection
● General-purpose output pin allowing flexibility for the applications (wake up on several types of events)
● Simple antenna design, backward compatible with M24LR series
M24SR02-Y Key Features:
● I2C interface:
▪ Two-wire I2C serial interface supports 1 MHz protocol
▪ Single supply voltage: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
● Contactless interface:
▪ NFC Forum Type 4 Tag
▪ ISO/IEC 14443 Type A
▪ 106 Kbps data rate
▪ Internal tuning capacitance: 25 pF
▪ 256-byte (2-kbit) EEPROM
▪ Support of NDEF data structure
▪ Data retention: 200 years
▪ Endurance: 1 million erase-write cycles
▪ Read up to 246 bytes in a single command
▪ Write up to 246 bytes in a single command
▪ 7 bytes unique identifier (UID)
▪ 128 bits passwords protection
▪ 8-lead small-outline package (SO8) ECOPACK®2
● Digital pad:
▪ GPO: configurable General Purpose Output
▪ RF disable: activation/deactivation of RF commandsVideos - YouTube:
● Wi-Fi pairing with M24SR dynamic NFC tag
● M24SR Internet of Things
● M24SR series
● NFC / RFID Software from ST (for quick development)
● Referance antennas
● Antenna Design Suite